Don't go it alone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hello from Ed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EP1

EP1

Male
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Hello from Ed Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Ed   Hello from Ed Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:23 pm

Hi, my name is Ed. I am 36 (a few weeks from 37), single and am trying to find a non-intimidating, friendly, laid-back group of people to hang out with. I am pretty shy and have found it very difficult to make friends in Omaha. I am interested in seeing live music - NOT cover bands, but local original bands and touring bands, in particular at venues like the Waiting Room and Slowdown. I also enjoy attending movies, and would like to know if there is any interest in going to Film Streams to see some non-mainstream, independent and classic films. In a previous group, we set a date each month for a visit to a different, locally owned restaurant, and would like to see that sort of thing for this group. I sincerely hope that we can plan and commit to some events, and not just talk about them. I also hope that we will have the opportunity to actually get to know each other at these events and not just say, "Well, that was fun... bye."

I work at Bank of the West (my day job), but I am also a professional singer. I am currently in rehearsals for a world premiere performance of Paul Moravec's "The Blizzard Voices" with the Opera Omaha chorus. The text is by former poet laureate Ted Kooser. There will be two performances - Friday, September 12th at the Holland Performing Arts Center, and Saturday, September 13th at Iowa Western Community College. Both performances are at 7:30 PM. For tickets and for more information, go to <www.operaomaha.org>. I hope some of you will be able to attend.

Ed
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=765282426&ref=profile
Lynne

Female
Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Hello from Ed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ed   Hello from Ed Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:47 pm

Hi Ed,

Welcome! I think your idea of going to a non-chain restaurant and then a film of that sort is excellent. I love those two things in particular.

The goal of this group is to have a wide variety of activities available, so I encourage you to go ahead and pick an evening, restaurant and movie and post it in the Scheduled Activities area. I'm sure you'll have takers. Smile

Because this is a new group, and my friend Erin organized it, I happen to know many of the members at this point, and I can tell you that they're very friendly. Most of the people I know here I met through a similar group, and we're still friends.

Please pass the info about this group along to any other over 30 singles you know in the area.

I look forward to meeting you.

Lynne
Back to top Go down
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Hello from Ed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ed   Hello from Ed Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 7:57 pm

Welcome to the site, Ed!

You have some great ideas for different activities! I personally have never been much of a band follower---but I am really ready to broaden my horizons and try new things! I love the idea of the independent films *and* the local restaraunts!~as well as the opera chorus!! Please, post a few activities!

Also, since you have been the member of a group before, please share what things you have learned from that experience! Any pointers to give? Maybe there are also some members from that group that you would like to give this information to?

Hope you make it to an activity soon!

Erin
Back to top Go down
Lisa C.

Lisa C.

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Hello from Ed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ed   Hello from Ed Icon_minitimeSun Sep 07, 2008 10:45 pm

Good ideas for activities Ed and welcome to the site. As Lynne said, a number of us know one another and are friends. The members are friendly and I hope you pass the word about the site along to your friends.

Like you said, it can be difficult to meet people when you're our age and have busy schedules.

I look forward to the next event when I'm in town and free. Surprised)

Good luck in your singing ventures Ed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/touchofclassomaha
Sponsored content

Hello from Ed Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ed   Hello from Ed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Ed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Don't go it alone! :: Welcome!! :: Introduction of New Members-
Jump to: