Don't go it alone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Members' Opinions Requested

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynne

Female
Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Members' Opinions Requested Empty
PostSubject: Members' Opinions Requested   Members' Opinions Requested Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:16 pm

Erin,

One of our members suggested setting up a section for "unplanned" activities or "last minute" activites. Basically, you could go there at 6:00 pm on a Saturday and say, "Hey! i want to go see such and such a movie at 8:30 tonight, let me know who's interested or just show up. I'll be at the ticket booth wearing the pink paisley hat at 8:10."

People will probably be more open to these type of last minute get togethers after they get to know each other a little bit. It might be slightly uncomfortable for some people to take a chance and just show up alone not knowing who else will be there. This is a good reason to get out and meet each other! Very Happy The sooner we start meeting each other, the easier it will be to get out next time an outing comes up.

Lynne

Last edited by Lynne on Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Members' Opinions Requested   Members' Opinions Requested Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:44 pm

I could add that...no problem...so you (or the anonymous member) thinks the wording of the "scheduled events" forum makes it sound like it has to be planned in advance? Because last weekend Lisa made her movie thread in that forum and we had a nice group show up Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Members' Opinions Requested   Members' Opinions Requested Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Well, perhaps the anonymous member will speak up. Very Happy I thought a last minute addition to the regular "scheduled activity" section would be okay, but they thought a new section would work better.

Since you are willing to go either way, why don't we get additional opinions before you go to the trouble of actually setting it up.

What do the rest of you think? Do we need a new section for last minute activity postings, or is a last minute posting to the regular "scheduled activities" section good enough?
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Members' Opinions Requested   Members' Opinions Requested Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 10:59 pm

And yes - we had how many people show up last weekend? Six, right? That turned out really well, and it was a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Members' Opinions Requested   Members' Opinions Requested Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 10:56 am

It didn't look like this was going to get any more feedback / discussion...so I just decided what they heck...and did it. Actually, I think it is a darn good idea! Tell the mystery-suggester that! Razz
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Members' Opinions Requested   Members' Opinions Requested Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2008 11:35 am

Thanks, Erin. Hopefully the Mystery-Suggester will read it for himself, and actually be able to post at some point. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Just kidding, Mysterdy-Suggester! Very Happy

Anyway, I'm sure we could have gotten by with the other section only, but I hope this helps people realize that not every outing needs to be a long-planned, formally-organized event. Little last minute things like the urge to go for a walk, a bike ride or a beer are all good reasons to post an event. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Members' Opinions Requested   Members' Opinions Requested Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Members' Opinions Requested
Page 1 of 1