Don't go it alone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vegas Baby - in May

Go down 
+4
EP1
brij
Erin
Brian M
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian M

Brian M

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Vegas Baby - in May Empty
PostSubject: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 5:31 pm

Yes, I am serious. Get yourself to the shiniest little town in the desert. What else do you have going on?

There is no formal agenda. Party starts poolside, and continues into the night. Maybe even catch a Cirque du Frenchee acrobatic clown show.

You have plenty of time to make arrangements. No social chairman or travel agent is going to help you. Get to it.

And don't wait until its over and then ask how it was. You know we can't tell.

If you are worried about the cost, just give all your money to Erin and point her to a Texas Hold 'em table. She will make enough to cover us all.

Last edited by Brian M on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 6:43 pm

Are you really serious about this?? What a fun idea! Would anyone really do this??? Would we do shared hotel rooms (girls in one and boys in the other?) I'm very intriqued at this idea!

Brian...if I was good enough to win at holdem consistently, I'd quit my job!!
Back to top Go down
brij

brij

Female
Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2009 10:43 pm

This kind of works for me. I was thinking of meeting my sisters there anyway. It's the cheapest place for us to get together since they live in
CA.

Erin, we still need to go to the Rusty Nail some Friday night. Sorry I spaced this off. I've been "overcome by events" lately.
Back to top Go down
http://web.missouri.edu/~badqm9
Brian M

Brian M

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 3:27 pm

I am serious. We would have to hit some kind of "tipping point" where there are enough people going to split rooms up some how.

I am going anyway. My brother and his wife and a couple of our friends are going to stay at Mandalay Bay. Some others may stay somewhere else, but come over to our pool with us.

We will save deck chairs for anyone interested.
Back to top Go down
EP1

EP1

Male
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 9:37 pm

Oh, the debauchery... do you mean Memorial Day weekend, or May 30th - 31st?
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=765282426&ref=profile
Lisa C.

Lisa C.

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:28 pm

Oh this sounds like so much fun. I want to join you!! How would we coordinate it all though so that we are all in the same hotel on the same plane and all those details? I'm a freak about details of trips.

I think I'm going to start saving back some moolah and plan to go on this. I've always wanted to go to Vegas.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/touchofclassomaha
Brian M

Brian M

Male

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:12 pm

We are looking at arriving on a Wed evening. Not everyone has to be on the same schedule though. If some people can't get off work until Friday, they just show up Friday.

It's not my intention to set up a strict agenda for everyone to follow, other than pool in the morning. We can probably come up with a general idea each day. Maybe set a specific day for a show or anything people feel is a must see. Besides that, we can text plans as we make them. If anyone else wants to try to coordinate people more, feel free. On vacation, I can't be that responsible. Very Happy

Last edited by Brian M on Mon Mar 02, 2009 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:27 pm

Wow...did you know the 28th is the day that the 40th annual no-limit holdem event begins??????????

That's not the world championship event...which doesn't start until July...but it is a big 4 day event. The buy in is only 40,000 for the one starting on the 28th. There are also some cheaper thousand dollar events. My hands are getting sweaty.
Back to top Go down
EP1

EP1

Male
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 4:25 pm

"The buy in is only 40,000 for the one starting on the 28th."

So are you saying you would take out a second mortgage to attend this event, Erin?
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=765282426&ref=profile
Trace

Trace

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 8:11 pm

While this sounds like a lot of fun, I think me in Vegas may not be the best idea in the world.
Back to top Go down
Dan

Dan

Male
Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:33 pm

Rolling Eyes Lol Erin has the entire poker schedule down. Now we should take up a collection to have you enter one!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/hotdognchilli
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 11:59 pm

Okay!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lisa C.

Lisa C.

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2009 3:58 pm

Brian, where is a good hotel to stay in Vegas? I do think we all at least need to be in the same hotel. I also like the idea of texting plans.
I know I wouldn't want to be gambling much. I'd rather see the city and maybe take in a show or two.

This is so exciting. I've always wanted to take an adult trip without my kiddo. This sounds like just the ticket.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/touchofclassomaha
jasonomaha

Male
Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-03-01

PostSubject: Vegas Baby   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2009 1:32 pm

you should try planet hollywood -- it's fun place for singles.

I just got back from there last week and it was super nice.
Back to top Go down
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:14 pm

Reading this thread and thinking about how fun it would have been to do this.

Hope you have a great time, Brian M!!! Win some money!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vegas Baby - in May   Vegas Baby - in May Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vegas Baby - in May
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Don't go it alone! :: Activities! :: Scheduled Activities-
Jump to: