Don't go it alone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Odd hobbies

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Trace

Trace

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Odd hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Odd hobbies   Odd hobbies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Okay everyone has odd hobbies, well most people I know have odd hobbies.... I have odd hobbies. I like war gaming and painting minitures. I also read graphic novels AKA comic books.

So what are your odd hobbies?
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Female
Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Odd hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd hobbies   Odd hobbies Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 12:02 pm

aaah, is "graphic novels" the adult term for comic books now? Or just a cooler thing to call them? Smile

Hmmm....well, I mosaic stuff, and I pick up junk I find (like bottle caps, pieces of broken safety glass, cool rocks) to use in them. I also buy weird old furniture that I try to make into funky, cool furniture.
Back to top Go down
Trace

Trace

Male
Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Odd hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd hobbies   Odd hobbies Icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2009 12:25 am

The mosaic stuff sounds pretty interesting. Also the furniture things seems pretty cool too. Interesting would be different than with "Character" I'm guessing. For some reason when ever someone says something has "Character" it really means, "I don't want this here and giving it to you is cheaper that paying someone to haul it off" I'm assuming you make conversation piece furniture which tends to be pretty interesting in and of itself.

"Graphic Novel" is TOTALLY the adult way of saying "Comic Books". I swear it makes it grown up that way. >.> Seriously. The bright side is "Graphic Novels" (Why is it Graphic Novels with the quotation marks sounds dirty?) tend to have multiple issues in them and cover an entire story arch rather than individual issues. Buying them that way means that when that one issue with the special guest star sells out you aren't trying to run all over town to figure out what happened.

It's the difference betweeen watching an Episode of Heroes or watching an entire Season of Heroes. You know not that I have ever sat down and watched an entire Season of a show over a few days.... Hey I am off work ever other week. Don't judge :-P
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Female
Number of posts : 162
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Odd hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd hobbies   Odd hobbies Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2009 11:56 am

Yah, I guess mine aren't that odd, except for the part where I pick up "garbage" from the street (broken glass, bottle caps, etc.)
Back to top Go down
friendeb100

friendeb100

Female
Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-03-06

Odd hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Odd Hobbies   Odd hobbies Icon_minitimeThu Mar 12, 2009 6:33 pm

I like to make Fabrege' eggs. I'm a beginner and still have a lot to learn. They are very delicate, (like me, ha-ha), and take a lot of patience.

I've always thought the Faberge' eggs are beautiful, and never dreamed I could make one until I found a book with instructions at Barnes & Noble.

I use a Dremel tool to cut the eggs. Most of the time is spent collecting the materials needed and waiting for paints and glues to dry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Odd hobbies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Odd hobbies   Odd hobbies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odd hobbies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Don't go it alone! :: This & That :: Chit-Chat-
Jump to: