Don't go it alone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Brian M

Brian M

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-09-15

This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23 Empty
PostSubject: This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23   This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:16 pm

Any "This American Life" fans?

They are performing an episode live on stage, and beaming it through the wonder of digital satellite technology to movie theaters (at least 3 in the Omaha area).

It's $20 and will go from 7 to around 9.

If you have never heard This American Life, swing by their website and listen for free. http://www.thislife.org/Default.aspx

Some episodes are funny, creative nonfiction and some are more informative, current events kind of stuff. Oh, yeah, they have also done 2 seasons on Showtime, but I unfortunately don't have Showtime.

I have no idea what the live show will be like.
Back to top Go down
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-09-01

PostSubject: Re: This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23   This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:00 pm

I've never heard of them...but it does sound interesting! Are tickets sold in advance or at the box office??
Back to top Go down
Brian M

Brian M

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23   This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 3:54 pm

Tickets are sold in advance, but as long as they don't sell out, you can buy them at the box office.
Back to top Go down
EP1

EP1

Male
Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2008-09-06

PostSubject: Re: This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23   This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2009 4:55 pm

I am a HUGE fan of "This American Life" and I got to see them do a live show in Ann Arbor, Michigan a couple of years ago. I also got to meet Ira Glass. It's kind of hard to describe - it's basically storytelling, but it's so compelling, and often very funny. And they try to tie things together with a common theme.
Back to top Go down
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=765282426&ref=profile
Brian B

Brian B

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23   This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:31 pm

I would do this
Back to top Go down
EP1

EP1

Male

PostSubject: Re: This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23   This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 5:25 pm

This is from the This American Life web site:

"Ira Glass will host an actual episode of the radio program, performed onstage by some of our favorite contributors. Dan Savage, Starlee Kine, and Mike Birbiglia will tell stories. David Rakoff and Dave Hill will conduct a ‘special investigation.’ Plus a new cartoon from Chris Ware, additional visuals by Arthur Jones, and a very special appearance by Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer! The performance will last around two hours. Come on out!"

In Omaha, it will be shown at AMC Oakview 24 and Village Pointe Cinemas. Tickets are available here: http://www.movietickets.com/movie_detail.asp?movie_id=71480
Back to top Go down
EP1

EP1

Male

PostSubject: Re: This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23   This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 10:21 pm

I am attending the showing at AMC Oakview Plaza 24 (3555 S 140th Plaza) on Thursday at 7 PM, in case anyone else is going.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23   This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This American Life - Live! (or semi-live) - Thurs April 23
Page 1 of 1