Don't go it alone!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Friday, September 19th--Bowling

Go down 
+5
Lynne
Lisa C.
Cali_in_Omaha
diana
Erin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female
Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2008-09-01

Friday, September 19th--Bowling Empty
PostSubject: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 10:13 pm

It doesn't matter whether you are a great bowler or a gutter-magnet! The point is to get out and have some fun and laughs!

Please join us at West Lanes at 151 N. 72nd Street at 7:00pm for a few games! Everyone is invited! Please let me know if you plan to come as I will need to reserve enough lanes!
Back to top Go down
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 11:26 am

I really need to get an idea of how many people are going to this so I can make sure I reserve enough but not too many lanes. C'mon people...don't make me show up and bowl by myself!!!
Back to top Go down
diana
Admin
diana

Female
Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2008-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:41 pm

Okay, I found my ball, so I will join you on Friday. You have to promise not to laugh to loud at me.
Back to top Go down
Cali_in_Omaha

Male
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-09-11

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 3:46 pm

Sorry, Fridays are for swing dancing.
Back to top Go down
Lisa C.

Lisa C.

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:44 pm

Wish I could join you but I have Gman this weekend.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/touchofclassomaha
Lynne

Female
Number of posts : 162

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:47 pm

Erin, I'll be driving home on Friday, and I probably won't be back until around 8 - 8:30. Plus, my Mom might be coming on Friday. I'm sorry I can't join you.
Back to top Go down
Heartbrokecountryboy

Heartbrokecountryboy

Male
Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-17

PostSubject: I've got time to spare   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:24 pm

ok so it's not an "original" bowling joke..... I still find it funny bowling is like golf right... you try and get a low score? btw are we using the guards that go in the gutters? lol
Back to top Go down
Rod

Male
Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Hey, while in for bowling jokes. heres one --- What do they call a bowling alley? A poor man's country club.
Back to top Go down
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:06 pm

ahh...looks like we need a joke thread to get people talkin, huh? clown

No gutter guards...but you can run along the edge and kick your ball away from the gutter if you want.

Does that mean you guys are planning to be there?
Back to top Go down
Heartbrokecountryboy

Heartbrokecountryboy

Male

PostSubject: YES   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 7:17 pm

unless something comes up I'll be there..... *note to self rent kingpin and brush up on etiquette*
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:09 pm

Kingpin! LOL That movie was so terrible/hilarious. Laughing

James,

What time does the swing dancing begin and end? And more importantly, do they serve cocktails? Very Happy

I suspect I'll be getting into town late, but maybe people would like to swing by after bowling.
Back to top Go down
Cali_in_Omaha

Male

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 7:27 pm

THis weekend is the annual Cowtown Jamborama so the price is a little higher. THe dance begins at 8pm with a beginning lesson and the dancing starts at 9pm. THe price is $7 per person. The dance is located upstairs in the Eagles Lodge on the corner of 24th and Douglas downtown. I'll be there (look for the black and white swing shoes). I htink as part of the Cowtown hooplah they are having a competition some time during the night.
Back to top Go down
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:10 pm

Just an FYI...I did reserve 2 lanes at the bowling alley...so there is still room for more to join us!!!!

I will probably try another night to check out the swing dancing thing....I would need to be there in time for the lesson!!! I'd like to go sometime though...so I hope someone posts something soon!
Back to top Go down
Brian M

Brian M

Male
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:59 pm

I will be there. I won't be bringing any bowling skills though.
Back to top Go down
Lisa C.

Lisa C.

Female
Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2008-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 9:59 pm

My question about swing dancing is...........are there a lot of single guys that show up there to dance?

I love to dance and don't want to go to the Eagles Club in hopes of dancing with someone only to be left out of the dancing part because there's nothing but couples there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/touchofclassomaha
Cali_in_Omaha

Male

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:06 pm

It's not like that. There are lots of single dudes, including me, and women can freely ask anyone to dance. The only weird couples are the high school kids that sometimes show up. At most swing and ballroom dances, it is discouraged to only dance with your "date". Rotating through different people makes you a better dancer and lets you learn more and work on your lead and follow techniques. There are certain dances that are pretty hard and you should be totally honest with anyone you dance with and tell them you are new. Then they will (hopefully - if they're polite) take it easy on you and stick to the easy dances.

I have actually gone on a "dance date" before and it totally failed. People that don't dance typically don't understand the switching partner thing and tend to get pissed off about not dancing the whole night with the person they came with. Plus this girl said she knew certain dances really well (some of my favorite dances) and she actually didn't even know how to dance the basics which was frustrating because, had I known she didn't know how to dance, I wouldn't have taken her there.

ok, enough rambling.
Back to top Go down
Lynne

Female

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeThu Sep 18, 2008 11:15 pm

Oh, that's great! What a positive way to organize the dancing.

We should plan for the dancing next Friday, September 26. Who wants to set up the event?
Back to top Go down
brij

brij

Female
Number of posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 1:40 pm

Erin,

I'm up for a few games, but I have to warn you, I'm a really bad bowler.

See you there...Brij
Back to top Go down
http://web.missouri.edu/~badqm9
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeFri Sep 19, 2008 10:30 pm

Well, I had fun tonight! We had 4 bowlers...or semi-bowlers...come to this!

Brian M....it was great meeting you!

Heartbrokecountryboy...I hope we didn't miss you...I told the guy at the desk to send anyone who asks for "Erin" to our lanes.
Back to top Go down
Heartbrokecountryboy

Heartbrokecountryboy

Male

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 12:26 am

I hope everyone had fun..... I had a last minute emergency and no internet access to let you know not to look for me. Look forward to another event and meeting everyone. If the next event is dancing...Do any of you ladies own a pair of steel toed boots in case I ask you to dance?
Back to top Go down
Erin
Admin
Erin

Female

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitimeSat Sep 20, 2008 11:10 am

laughin @ steel toed boots. Might have to get some...I would need to get 2 left shoes though.

James....it looks like we have a bunch of people that would go to swing dancing. Since you know the schedule there, can you figure out what would be a good friday to go? (not a competition night!!!)...and post it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Friday, September 19th--Bowling   Friday, September 19th--Bowling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Friday, September 19th--Bowling
Page 1 of 1